Tuesday, August 17, 2010

yummy winter goodness





Goodness! Can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I blogged - been VERY busy. And goodness! Winter is still producing lots despite my (unintentional) efforts to kill off all my vege beds. Read: I haven't weeded in months. Never mind, obviously all the hard work I put into actually sowing the seeds and planting the plants earlier in the year was enough to keep my little bundles of chlorophyll enthusiastically sprouting until I returned to them, trowel in hand... actually I exaggerate. I have returned, many times, but without trowel in hand - more like a bucket and a knife to harvest whatever I can find amongst the weeds. Thank you for being so resilient little plants. You will have nice new friends to join you soon I promise!

Thought you (readers)might like to see today's harvest. Dinner was homemade sushi NZ style, with crunchy vege salad. You can get healthy just looking at that picture.

And wheat-free apple muffins - yummy winter goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment